If you are looking for a true elixir of beauty, a product that cannot be missing from your arsenal of cosmetics is body oil; which has been used for millennia in skincare to hydrate and nourishes each cell, preventing the appearance of blemishes.
It works wonders, but its effectiveness is not enough to convince many girls to use it. Perhaps, out of fear of ending up with too oily skin, many shy away from using it. However, body oil has the peculiarity of providing its benefits without altering the characteristics of the skin, since its texture is light and is easily absorbed.
There are many types on the market, made from different ingredients, so when buying one, it isn’t easy to choose correctly. Fortunately for you, here we will show you which are the body oils that you should buy according to the type of skin you have.
How To Choose A Suitable Body Oil
This depends on what you are looking for a body oil for. In case you need a very nutritious, highly hydrating or regulating sebum production, there are many options.
- For those looking for nutrition, the best options are argan oil, which is rich in vitamins, or almond oil, which contains a large number of antioxidants.
- To protect your skin from the sun and prevent photoaging, you can choose rice oil, which is also extremely beneficial for dry and damaged skin.
- Suppose you are looking for one that is moisturizing or that helps you restore the physiological state of skin cells after being subjected to extreme dehydration situations. In that case, the best alternative is jojoba oil.
- The coconut oil is perfect for oily skin or to treat acne. It even has elasticity and cellulite-reducing properties.
- In cases of heatstroke, the application of body oil provides relief from pain and irritation. The most recommended is olive oil since it stimulates the healing processes in the skin.
Steps For Applying Body Oil
After you determine which body oil your skin type needs, you can begin to include it in your personal care routine as follows:
- It is best to apply this product immediately after leaving the shower, even before the skin is no longer wet.
- To achieve maximum hydration, you must ensure that the pores are dilated and can absorb it. This can be done by massaging the body with the oil until it warms up a bit. Also, before putting any other product, it is necessary to wait for it to dry, which may take several minutes.
- If you apply body oil for a specific function, for example, for back acne, the idea is to massage the area for a few minutes with the product. Do not abuse the amount; if it is too much, you will end up looking like a stick of butter.
- So that you do not have problems with excess oil in your daily routine, try dry body oils that are just as nourishing and hydrating but that are absorbed in a matter of seconds.
- Remember that you cannot look for the best body oil based on recommendations of what “worked for your friend” without attending to the needs of your skin, which is the only basis for choosing this product.